❤ By Vanessa
The festive season is upon us! You'll love this easy loaf with cranberries and maple caramelized walnuts. It looks beautiful and is delicious with all the textures and its lightly sweet flavor.
Nothing complicated in this recipe: to caramelize walnuts, simply stir them with maple syrup and bake shortly in the oven. These also great to nibble when you want something sweet with a cup of tea. So why not double the quantities and use half of the caramelized walnuts as healthy snack!
The rest is easy, just follow the recipe and enjoy!
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 10 min (caramelized walnuts) + about 1h15 min
✢ 1 Flow Bake Bread mix
✢ 60g chopped walnuts
✢ 60g dry cranberries
✢ 340ml water
✢ 10g fresh yeast (or 4g dry active yeast)
✢ 1 tbsp honey (or maple syrup)
✢ 1 tbsp olive oil
- Prepare the caramelized walnuts: Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Mix the chopped walnuts with maple syrup and spread as one layer on parchment paper. Place in oven for 15 minutes. Let cool down and bread into pieces.
- Add fresh yeast to a bowl of room temperature water. (Use lukewarm water if using dry yeast.) Add this mixture to the bread mix and stir with a hand mixer. Stir in melted honey and oil and continue mixing for 5 mins. Gently fold in the cranberries and walnuts.
- Shape the dough into a square loaf. Cover and leave it to rise for 1h.
- Preheat oven to 210 °C, with a baking tray in the middle position.
- Score the dough with a sharp knife. Place it in the oven and bake for 1h-1h15min or until the bread sounds hollow when tapped from underneath. Leave to cool completely before slicing.
Tip: For a better rise and a crisp crust, place a metal pan at the bottom of the oven while preheating. When you put your loaf in, pour a cup of hot water into the pan to create steam and then promptly close the oven door.
Leave a comment