❤ By Vanessa
Did you know you can use our Muffin mix to prepare a 'gâteau au yaourt', a French yoghurt cake?
This cake works great for kids afternoon snacks, 'le goûter'. Alternatively you can use it as a base for more fancy cakes, such as layer cakes or number cakes.
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 40 min
✢ 1 Flow Bake Cinnamon Muffin mix
✢ 1,3dl /130g plant-based yogurt (preferably vanilla flavored)
✢ 3 eggs
✢ 80 ml oil
For vegan cake use 2,3dl (230g) plant-based yogurt, 80 ml oil and 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar.
✢ 2 dl plant-based cream for whipping
✢ 2 tsp vanilla extract
✢ 3 tbsp agave syrup
✢ Berries, chocolate, flowers...
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees (fan off) and grease a round Ø19 cm baking pan with central hole.
- In a large bowl mix the yogurt, eggs, or plant-based yogurt, and oil. Add the Muffin mix and stir until combined.
- Pour the mixture to the baking pan and bake for about 40 min (approx. 45 min for a vegan cake) or until a toothpick inserted in the cake comes out clean. Let it cool completely.
- Slice the cake horizontally into two equal parts. Cut the top of one half and the bottom of the other half, and assemble the flat edges (see above picture).
- Whip the cream together with the vanilla extract and agave syrup. Pipe on top of the cake.
- Add berries, chocolate or any of your favorite toppings and serve right away.