These delicious muffins are delicately fragrant with orange zest and cinnamon, and topped with an irresistible crunchy crumble! Convenient to have as an healthy afternoon snack, for kids or for grown ups, to get you through your work day!
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 20 min + 25 min
✢ 1 Cinnamon Muffin mix
✢ 1 sweet potato
✢ 1 organic orange
✢ 2 eggs (or 100g soy yogurt for vegan muffins)
✢ 3 tbsp oil
For the crumble topping:
✢ 25g brown rice flour
✢ 25g almond meal (or oat flakes if nuts intolerance)
✢ 25g coconut or muscovado sugar
✢ 1,5 tbsp neutral coconut oil
✢ Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven 180 degrees fan off.
- Peel the sweet potato and cut it into chunks. Place in a large saucepan and add enough water to just cover the potatoes. Boil for 15-20 minutes, until they are tender when pierced with a fork. Drain and mash them. Let cool down.
- Prepare the crumble topping: in a bowl, combine all the crumble ingredients, and stir well with a fork or the tip of your fingers to combine, making sure all of the dry ingredients are moistened by the oil.
- Prepare the muffin batter: In a large bowl, combine eggs, oil, the grated zest of the orange and its juice. Stir in 150g mashed sweet potato. Pour in the Muffins mix and combine well.
- Spoon the batter in a greased muffin pan or muffin paper cases. Sprinkle the crumble on top of each muffin. Bake for about 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean.