❤ By Vanessa
These vegan raspberry gingerbread cheesecake bars make a delightful dessert, with just the right balance of sweetness from the creamy filling, tartness from the raspberries and spices from the crust.
Prep time: 30 min
Cook time: 15 min
✢ 1 Gingerbread Cookie mix
✢ 300g cashew nuts, soak 4h or overnight, rinsed and drained.
✢ 120g deodorised coconut oil, liquefied
✢ 80g agave syrup
✢ Juice of one large lemon
✢ 2 cc vanilla extract
✢ Raspberry coulis: 150g raspberries + 2 tbsp agave syrup
✢ Raspberries as topping
- Prepare the Gingerbread Cookie mix dough as instructed on the package.
- Line a square (about 22x22cm) or rectangle pan with parchment paper, making sure to use a large sheet so the paper sticks up all around (it will be easier to remove the cheesecake once ready). Roll out the gingerbread dough on a 5mm layer and set on the bottom of your pan. Bake in preheated oven at 175 degrees fan on for 15 minutes. Let cool down on a grid then place back in the pan.
- Place the cashews into a food processor or blender. Add melted coconut oil, lemon juice, syrup and vanilla extract. Blend on high until a very smooth mixture forms. Pour the filling over the crust and smooth until even.
- Heat for a few minutes 150g of raspberries with agave syrup, until the raspberries collapse and release their juices. Tip the mixture into a sieve and push through the liquid using a spatula. Discard the seeds. Let cool down. Top the cheesecake with the coulis and make swirls using a knife. Top with the rest of the raspberries. Place into freezer until the cheesecake is completely firm.
- When ready to serve, remove the cheesecake from the pan by lifting carefully the parchment paper on opposite sides. Cut into squares (or rectangles) while still hard. Serve fresh once softened.